The XCertina ‘quick pack’ bag is the quickest and best way to pack and store your wing.
XCertina Bag Mk 4 includes:
- A new mesh and Velcro sleeve now holds the Mylar sections of your leading edge together to give a snugger more secure packing system.
- The upper surface is now entirely mesh to allow the wing to breath more easily and a special clip for your risers keeps the whole package neat and tidy. A two way zip gives you the choice of which way to close the bag.
Concertina packing a paraglider is widely accepted as the best way to pack a paraglider. It increases the lifespan of a paraglider and helps it retain its original performance.
It is an accepted fact nowadays that the way you pack and store your paraglider directly affects its longevity and performance. Careless packing creases and damages the crucial Mylar sections that reinforce the internal cell walls at the front of the wing. These sections are crucial in forming the clean leading edge profile that your glider needs to get the maximum performance out of its design. Concertinaing your wing is the surest way to protect the integrity of your leading edge, but until now it has been an awkward and time consuming task that is difficult on your own and almost impossible in a strong wind.
The new XCertina Bag is the quick and easy solution to the problem. It iss quicker than the conventional packing system and retains the longevity and performance of your wing over time. It is the easiest way to pack up in strong wind, and better still it is the simplest and quickest way to unpack and get ready to fly.
IT IS AS SIMPLE AS:
WHAT THE EXPERTS SAY
- Bunch your wing as usual and drop it on top of the open bag
- Gather all the Mylar together and fasten together with straps
- Stuff the rest of the wing in to the bag any way you like
- Zip up the bag
- Roll it up and put it away
- Laugh at your mates who are still struggling with their wings in the breeze
“Concertinaing your wing keeps the Mylar reinforcing from getting creased and gives better inflation and high speed stability. Plus you’ll maintain a better second hand value on your wing.”
Bruce Goldsmith, Airwave Paragliders’ designer and the 2007 World Champion
“If the leading edge reinforcements are wrinkled or broken the glider’s inflation will be worse, and you could lose some performance too. We strongly advice this packing method if the glider has Gin’s Rigifoil or Rigifoil Max system. Once you’re good at packing this way your glider will pack away more compact and smaller!”
Eric Roussel, General Manager, Gin Gliders
WATCH THE VIDEO
The XCertina Bag comes in two sizes to help your wing last longer and fly better for years to come.
S (2.3 m) for S for competition, acro and DHV 2/3 wings
L (3 m) for M, L and XL
Measure the chord at the centre of the wing to work out the right size for you.