6th Annual KiteXPO April 26-27, 2008 - Pismo Beach - California
Brought to you by The Kiteboarder Magazine and XtremeBigAir.com
Forecast is EXCELLENT: WINDY 15-25 kts for this weekend of KiteXPO! We have been kiting everyday on 7m and 10m everyday this week and last week!
XtremeBigAir.com and The Kiteboarder Magazine are stoked to announce that the Pismo Beach KiteXpo will be the first stop where riders can see and test the new products from Wainman Hawaii. Also, newly registered are Windwing and Surfshades bringing the total number of participants to 19! Red Bull will be back with their Wings Team to help keep you powered up.
Want to up your riding level? Flexifoil Pro Rider Billy Parker will be conducting two clinics at the Pismo Beach KiteXpo to help you step up your game.
- Saturday April 26, 10am - 11am: Wakestyle 101: For riders who can jump and do basic rolls. This q/a instructional clinic will focus on first wakestyle moves and unhooked tricks. Limited to 10 people. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to make your reservations. Meet under the Red Bull tent.
- Sunday April 27, 10am -11am: Wakestyle Advanced For advanced riders looking for tips on kite loops, handlepasses and other advanced wakestyle moves. Email email@example.com to make your reservations. Meet under the Red Bull tent.
KiteTs.com will be exhibiting on Sunday. Come say hi to Dan and check out his kiteboarding t-shirt that you can customize to your own riding spot or shop name. http://kitets.com/
Slingshot Pro Rider Ben Wilson be hosting two INTRO TO SMACK wave clinics at the Pismo Beach KiteXpo on April 26 and 27! These are condensed versions of Ben's 1, 2 and 7-day clinics that he currently runs in Australia and Bali and SMACK, his new surf instructional DVD for beginners to experts.
- Saturday, April 26, 11am - 1pm: Kite Positioning and Safety, plus any other questions you might have. Meet under the Red Bull tent.
- Sunday, April 27, 11am - 1pm: Gear Selection and Basic Turns, plus any other questions you might have. Meet under the Red Bull tent.
- Each clinic limited to 10 participants only! Email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your spot!
- Schwag donated by Slingshot Sports will also be give to clinic attendees
Surftech Stand Up Paddle Boards!
Surftech will have their Stand Up Paddle Boards available for demo. They may come down early before official eXpo times, based on the wind forecast for the weekend.
DaKine and Solutions Added to Exhibitors!
Test all the new 2008 accessories from DaKine. Yes, you can test them on the water! Also, Solutions, a surf/kite/skate shop located in Pismo Beach by the pier is the local retailer for Naish and Slingshot. Be sure to say hi to Rob and thank him for printing up the cool event t-shirts... our first ones! They will be sold for just $10 each.
Freak Dog Unleashed and Board Added to Raffle This brings raffle prizes to over $7000!
Saturday night BBQ limited to 100 plates -- Support the UCSB Kite Club! The BBQ at the bonfire/kite movie night is just $10 for a full dinner including Shalhoob chicken, side salad, beans, dinner roll and soda. Email email@example.com for BBQ reservations.
Come see and test all the newest gear on April 26 and 27 from the following brands:
Come test the new gear from
- Best - Come try the new surfboards and 08 line
- Caution - Test the new Mayhem and board line
- Dakine – Try out harnesses, impact vests and other killer accessories – yes, you can test them on the water!
- Eclipse - Meet Dimitri and Chris and see the 08 line
- Fone - See for yourself why Fone only produced the Bandit this year
- Freak Dog - Try out the new EZE kite and board line
- Flexifoil - Meet Designer Henry Rebbeck from the UK!
- Liquid Force- Check out the new Rawson boards, 08 line up and new clothing line
- Litewaves Design and GK Kites
- Mystic - See and try the new harnesses, check out wetsuits and more!
- Naish - Try the new Sigma series kites
- North - Check out the new Evo
- Ocean Rodeo - See the new venturi technology and 08 line
- RRD - test the new Hypertype! We are raffling off a 7m!
- Slingshot - New Lunacy 09 boards plus entire 2008 line
- Surftech - See and test the full line up and meet with tech reps
- Surfshades - new, affordable polarized lens sport sunglass company
- Underground - meet owner Adrian Roper from New Zealand!
- WainmanHawaii - be the first to see and try the new products from the new company
- Windwing - Test the latest from Windwing - new product may be revealed!
SUNSCREEN FOR ALL! Every person that registers to demo will get a free tube of Hawaiian Island Creations (HIC) Sunscreen, while supplies last! We discovered this great product at the La Ventana Classic and KiteXpo event in January and LOVED IT!
KILLER RAFFLE PRIZE $7000: Besides great swag including hats, t-shirts, sweatshirts, jackets, harnesses, sunglasses, beach towels and more: this brings the total value of raffle prizes to over $7000!
Raffle tickets are $1 each. You must be present to win. Our grand prize raffle items include:
- Freak Dog/EH Unleashed 9m Unleash Kite and 128 Twintip board
- RRD 7m Hypertype complete
- Best 10m Bullaroo complete
- Underground board, TBD
- $350 gift certificate from DaKine
- Elemental Herbals is providing 75 lip balms and 5 gift packs worth $50 each
- Onscene Safety First Aid Kit $129 Value!
BBQ IS BACK: You asked for it, you got it! The BBQ is back this year, thanks to the UCSB Collegiate Kiteboarding Club. Just $10 for a killer Central Coast Style BBQ meal. Do not miss the XTREMEBIGAIR's bonfire, BBQ, new movie projector screen complete with new sound system and the raffle! We will be raffling off half the raffle prizes must be present to win!
With all the new innovations in kiteboarding, you won’t want to miss KiteXpo 2008!
Come test all the latest 2008 gear FOR FREE at KiteXpo 2008 in Pismo Beach, California. Located halfway between Los Angeles and San Francisco, Pismo Beach is a perfect venue for a testing event. Pismo offers a wide sandy beach and 8 miles of coastline; enough room for manufacturers to showcase their full 2008 line and plenty of space for you to test all the new stuff! Don’t miss this opportunity to meet directly with kiteboarding manufacturers and ride the newest equipment at one of California's best and most consistent kiteboarding locations.
Testing Hours: 11am to 5pm
*Testing is only open to intermediate plus level riders who can go upwind.
New Products to Be Unveiled and over $$$$ in Raffle Prizes!
We are excited to announce that a few new products will be unveiled for the first time at the event!
REQUIREMENTS FOR TESTING
Kitexpo is a free demo event open to intermediate level riders. You
must be able to go upwind consistently and be able to do an ollie as a
minimum to participate. Registration is from 10:30a until 3p daily and
demo hours are from 11a until 5p daily.
You will first need to register under the Red Bull tent and sign a waiver. You will also need a driver’s license and credit card to complete your registration. You will be given a wrist band to show you have formally registered. To test the gear, you need to give the manufacturers either your driver’s license, passport or credit card. They will return your ID or card when you return the gear.
Directions to the KiteXPO 2008 at Pismo Beach:
Click for Driving Direction to Park Avenue - KiteXPO
Traveling south on US Hwy 101 from San Francisco and the Bay Area:
- Take Hind exit in Pismo Beach.
- Turn RIGHT onto Hind Ave. - Left on
St - Right on Ocean View Ave. Left on Cypress St. Right on Park
Avenue to end.
Traveling North on US Hwy 101 from Santa Barbara and the Los Angeles - San Diego Area:
- Take Price Street exit in Pismo Beach.
- Left on Ocean View Avenue. Left on Cypress St - Right on Park Ave. to end.
We suggest you book your hotel or RV/campsite asap as May is the beginning of high season on the Central Coast
2008 KiteXPO Special - www.missioninnpismobeach.com
$159.00 per night for Friday & Saturday, Single/Double Occupancy
Valid: Valid April 25 & 26, 2008
This deal includes high-speed internet access, an evening reception in our
lounge and, of course, our world-famous hot breakfast buffet.
ENTER RATE CODE: XPO
Rate reflects deluxe room with one king bed or two queen beds and single/double occupancy. Not valid with any other discounts. The Mission Inn is 100% non-smoking. A $250 deep-cleaning fee is mandatory for any violation of this policy.
Pismo Beach's Hotels, Motels and RV booking and more:http://www.classiccalifornia.com/lodging.htm
http://www.oceanodunes.com or 800.444.7275
Pismo Beach is half way between San Francisco (SFO) and Los Angeles (LAX), about 3 1/2 hours by car. You can flly into our small airport: San Luis Obispo (SBP). Pismo Beach is on an expansive stretch of peaceful coastline. Discover why this area is known as one of the best secrets of California. Enjoy endless hours of outdoor activities including kiteboarding, paragliding, surfing, kayaking, ATV, Horseback riding, hiking and mt. biking. Lush valleys that produce some of the finest vintages of wines and champagnes in the United States lie within a few minutes drive from Pismo Beach.
For lodging, RV and camping options check out http://www.classiccalifornia.com/lodging.htm. You can also camp on the beach, which is available on a first come, first serve basis. A limited amount of passes are available for camping.
Additional Information of local hotels:Sand Castle Inn 800-822-6606 $189-Non View, $239-Pier View, $279-Ocean View
Beach Comber Inn 805-773-5505 $109-1 Bed, $129-2 Beds
Pismo Beach Hotel 805-773-4445 $89-Queen, $99-King
Sea Venture Resort 800-662-5545 $189-Spa Deluxe Room
For more economical accommodations, try Motel 6 or Rose Garden Inn (rooms start at $40 double occ.). They are less than 10 minutes away from the event site.
We are locating in Shell Beach/Pismo Beach which is 10 miles south of San Luis Obispo or 100 Miles North of Santa Barbara or half way between Los Angeles(LAX) and San Francisco(SFO). You can fly into the local small airport in San Luis Obispo(SBP) from either LAX or SFO. If you have your own helicopter or small airplane, you can fly into Oceano Airport and we will pick you up.
Local accommodations, rv parks, and campgrounds can be found at: http://www.classiccalifornia.com/lodging.htm
There are many things that you can do here: surfing, paragliding, kayaking, mt. biking, scuba diving, rock climbing, hiking, deepsea fishing, wine tasting, atv, etc... Shell Beach/Pismo Beach is really a wonderful place to spend your vacation.