8th Annual XtremeBigAir's KiteXPO March 19 - 21, 2010 - Pismo Beach - California
Brought to you by The Kiteboarder Magazine and XtremeBigAir.com
KiteXPO 2010 will be Friday March 19 - Sunday March 21, 2010
KiteXPO 2010: The Oxford Suites Pismo Beach Hotel - http://www.oxfordsuitespismobeach.com will offer anyone coming in March 19-21, 2010 a rate of $109 per night for a King Suite. All rates include a full hot buffet breakfast as well an evening reception with beer, wine, and munchies. Oxford Suites Pismo Beach - Telephone: 805.773.3773
Check out our 2009 KiteXPO video here:
New this year, SUP Demos!
A great way to get your water fix and exercise when there’s no wind, the SUP demo portion of the event will take place between 9a to 12 noon daily. Confirmed participants SUP Accessory: DaKine,C4, Naish, Surf Industries, Paddlesurf Hawaii (pending) and still growing!
- * Registration: Daily from 8:45a until 2p
- * Demo Hours: 9a to 12p or whenever the wind starts blowing!*
- * Skill Level: Use at your own risk. Need to be comfortable in the ocean, aware of others.
- * Other: Must sign waiver and provide credit card info security deposit to demo gear. Demos limited to 20 minutes unless otherwise arranged with vendor.
Free Demo 2010 Gear and Accessories!
17 KITES COMPANIES COMING TO DEMO – BIGGEST EXPO EVER!
* Advance: Check out the new Lamba-shaped Kaiman kite and foldable travel board
* Best: Come demo the new Kahoona, designer Peter Stiewe’s favorite kite for the surf
* Cabrinha: Try out Cabrinha’s new IDS system
* Caution: Try the new Trespass sizes and 2009 kites including the new Mayhem X
* DaKine: Check out the new 2009 accessories line from DaKine including harnesses, footpad/strap systems and more
* Eclipse: Take advantage of Felix Pivec’s strapless surf clinic! See registration for details. Clinic is planned to be next to registration
* F-One: See and try the new line of bamboo directional boards
* Flexifoil: See the new 2009 kites for the first time including next gen Ion’s and new Neutron’s
* Liquid Force: Check out LF’s extensive board line and new safety system
* Mystic Boarding: Try on the new harnesses, impact vests, wetsuits and other accessories for size
* Naish (Sol Kiteboarding): Try out Naish’s SUP boards and next gen sigma shaped kites
* Ocean Rodeo: Check out OR’s new Diablo kite and Mako board (140 board in raffle)
* Ozone: Fresh the snow in Utah, Ozone will have their full line up
* RRD: Check out RRD’s SUP board, Screw It footstrap system and 09 line up
* Surf Shades: Stylish, made for the surf/kitesurfing and very reasonably priced
* Slingshot: See for yourself if SS’s RPM kite gives you the best of both worlds between the Rev and Fuel
* Underground: All the way from New Zealand, see what Underground has to offer for the season
* Vari Kites: See and try out the new Condor One kite for the first time
* Victory Tropiskin manufacturers a wide range of apparel and waterwear
* Wainman Hawaii (Kite Naked): Test the new Blunt boards and try out the 6.5 Gypsy (Gypsy raffle prize)
Kite Demo Hours: 12p to 5p
Reclaim your garage and turn your old gear into a tax deduction”
Kitecyle.org is a non-profit organization that recycles your old gear into reusable grocery and all-purpose carrying bags. Bring your old kites, windsurf sails and hang gliding sails and get a tax write off (US Citizens/permanent resident)! Now with 501c3 status, donate your old kites, windsurf sails or paragliders to Kitecycle and get a nice tax write off! Kitecycle is also looking to set up other collection centers. See Lydia/Kitecyle near registration.
The UCSB Collegiate Kiteboarding Club will be back again to host the BBQ on Saturday the 28th. Tickets are $10 each and quantities are limited. BBQ will start between 5:30p and 6:30p, depending on how long the wind lasts that day! The BBQ will be held on the beach on the right side of the Grand Ave beach ramp. You can park in the lot or drive on beach and park on left as no cars are allowed on right of ramp. BBQ is $10 per plate and quantities are limited. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for reservations or see registration. Sorry but due to increased liablity issues/insurance requirements, we will not be providing kegs this year. Please BYOB.
BBQ IS BACK: You asked for it, you got it! The BBQ is back this year, thanks to the UCSB Collegiate Kiteboarding Club. Just $10 for a killer Central Coast Style BBQ meal. Do not miss the XTREMEBIGAIR's bonfire, BBQ, new movie projector screen complete with new sound system and the raffle! We will be raffling off half the raffle prizes must be present to win!
With all the new innovations in kiteboarding, you won’t want to miss KiteXpo 2010!
Come test all the latest 2010 gear FOR FREE at the KiteXpo 2010 in Pismo Beach, California. Located halfway between Los Angeles and San Francisco, Pismo Beach is a perfect venue for a testing event. Pismo offers a wide sandy beach and 8 miles of coastline; enough room for manufacturers to showcase their full 2010 line and plenty of space for you to test all the new stuff! Don’t miss this opportunity to meet directly with kiteboarding manufacturers and ride the newest equipment at one of California's best and most consistent kiteboarding locations.
Testing Hours: 11am to 5pm
*Testing is only open to intermediate plus level riders who can go upwind.
New Products to Be Unveiled and over $$$$ in Raffle Prizes!
We are excited to announce that a few new products will be unveiled for the first time at the event!
REQUIREMENTS FOR TESTING
Kitexpo is a free demo event open to intermediate level riders. You
must be able to go upwind consistently and be able to do an ollie as a
minimum to participate. Registration is from 10:30a until 3p daily and
demo hours are from 11a until 5p daily.
You will first need to register under the Red Bull tent and sign a waiver. You will also need a driver’s license and credit card to complete your registration. You will be given a wrist band to show you have formally registered. To test the gear, you need to give the manufacturers either your driver’s license, passport or credit card. They will return your ID or card when you return the gear.
Directions to the KiteXPO 2010 at Pismo Beach:
Click for Driving Direction to Park Avenue - KiteXPO
Traveling south on US Hwy 101 from San Francisco and the Bay Area:
- Take Hind exit in Pismo Beach.
- Turn RIGHT onto Hind Ave. - Left on
St - Right on Ocean View Ave. Left on Cypress St. Right on Park
Avenue to end.
Traveling North on US Hwy 101 from Santa Barbara and the Los Angeles - San Diego Area:
- Take Price Street exit in Pismo Beach.
- Left on Ocean View Avenue. Left on Cypress St - Right on Park Ave. to end.
Pismo Beach's Hotels, Motels and RV booking and more:http://www.classiccalifornia.com/lodging.htm
http://www.oceanodunes.com or 800.444.7275
Pismo Beach is half way between San Francisco (SFO) and Los Angeles (LAX), about 3 1/2 hours by car. You can flly into our small airport: San Luis Obispo (SBP). Pismo Beach is on an expansive stretch of peaceful coastline. Discover why this area is known as one of the best secrets of California. Enjoy endless hours of outdoor activities including kiteboarding, paragliding, surfing, kayaking, ATV, Horseback riding, hiking and mt. biking. Lush valleys that produce some of the finest vintages of wines and champagnes in the United States lie within a few minutes drive from Pismo Beach.
For lodging, RV and camping options check out http://www.classiccalifornia.com/lodging.htm. You can also camp on the beach, which is available on a first come, first serve basis. A limited amount of passes are available for camping.
Additional Information of local hotels:
The Oxford Suites Pismo Beach Hotel - http://www.oxfordsuitespismobeach.com will offer anyone coming in March 19-21, 2010 a rate of $109 per night for a King Suite. All rates include a full hot buffet breakfast as well an evening reception with beer, wine, and munchies. Oxford Suites Pismo Beach - Telephone: 805.773.3773Sand Castle Inn 800-822-6606 $189-Non View, $239-Pier View, $279-Ocean View
Beach Comber Inn 805-773-5505 $109-1 Bed, $129-2 Beds
Pismo Beach Hotel 805-773-4445 $89-Queen, $99-King
Sea Venture Resort 800-662-5545 $189-Spa Deluxe Room
For more economical accommodations, try Motel 6 or Rose Garden Inn (rooms start at $40 double occ.). They are less than 10 minutes away from the event site.
We are locating in Shell Beach/Pismo Beach which is 10 miles south of San Luis Obispo or 100 Miles North of Santa Barbara or half way between Los Angeles(LAX) and San Francisco(SFO). You can fly into the local small airport in San Luis Obispo(SBP) from either LAX or SFO. If you have your own helicopter or small airplane, you can fly into Oceano Airport and we will pick you up.
Local accommodations, rv parks, and campgrounds can be found at: http://www.classiccalifornia.com/lodging.htm
There are many things that you can do here: surfing, paragliding, kayaking, mt. biking, scuba diving, rock climbing, hiking, deepsea fishing, wine tasting, atv, etc... Shell Beach/Pismo Beach is really a wonderful place to spend your vacation.